Home

Crescent Boat House, #5 Boathouse Row, Philadelphia

The Crescent Boat Club was formed in 1867. Men back from the Civil War merged two rowing clubs, the Pickwick and Iona clubs, and after receiving a declaration from the City of Philadelphia, built the boathouse along the bank of the Schuylkill River.

Membership is open and voluntary for men and women interested in rowing, and in upholding the ideals of good sportsmanship, civic fellowship and hospitality of  the club and its members. Within our boathouse we support the crew teams of Roman Catholic High School and Merion Mercy Academy. In addition to the high school programs we have active community programs teaching sculling to young people in our Novice Camp, Scullers Development Camp, and Summer Racing programs for Junior Men and Women (teenagers), and Intermediate Men (young adults).